- noun the action of putting goods into boxes and wrapping them for shipping
- noun a number of bits that can be stored in a unit area on a magnetic disk or tape
- The conversion of data into a more compact form making use of characteristics, or the current state, of the data and/or storage medium. For instance, the storing of two digits per octet, as opposed to one digit per octet. It is a form of compression.
- The insertion of a material into a cavity or space for a given purpose, such as reinforcement. Also, the material so placed.
- The sticking together of granules in a carbon microphone. This reduces sensitivity.
Not what you were looking for?