• verb to fill something out
  • A fixed attenuator consisting of a network of fixed resistors. Also called resistance pad.
  • On a printed circuit board, the printed conductive portion to which components are connected. It may consist, for instance, of the enlarged areas where component leads are soldered. Also called terminal area, or land (4).
  • One of multiple metal pads on the surface of a semiconductor device onto which connections may be made. Also called bonding pad.
  • A layer of a material placed over something else to provide cushioning.
  • The use of padding characters, or padding bits.

Not what you were looking for?