- A pocket-sized radio receiver or transceiver which serves to receive messages, and in some cases perform various other functions, such as retrieve email. These devices may emit a beep when informing of a new message. Some pagers can also signal by other means, such as vibrations, or a blinking light. Also called paging device, mobile pager, or beeper.
- A public-address system, such as that in an airport or shopping center, which serves convey voice messages. Also called paging system.
- In a cordless phone, a feature in which pressing a button on the base unit serves to emit a beep heard in the handset. Used, for instance, for people who have difficulty locating the handset due to reduced vision, or for those who are simply forgetful and/or disorganized. Also, the button itself.
- synonym paging device
- synonym paging system
- A communications service which enables pagers (1) to receive alerts and messages, and otherwise exchange information.
- The mechanism utilized for paging (1).
Not what you were looking for?