- A concave reflecting surface with a paraboloid (1) shape, which concentrates waves into a parallel beam. Used, for instance, in dish antennas.
- An antenna incorporating a parabolic reflector (1). Such an antenna features very high gain, usually operates at microwave frequencies, and has various applications, including its use in satellite communications and in radar. The driven element of a dish antenna is located at the focal point of its dish reflector. Also called parabolic antenna, paraboloid antenna, paraboloidal antenna, or dish antenna.
- synonym parabolic dish
- synonym paraboloid
- synonym paraboloid reflector
- synonym paraboloidal reflector
- synonym parabolic antenna
- synonym paraboloid antenna
- synonym paraboloidal antenna
- A solid or surface formed by rotating a parabola around its axis of symmetry.
Not what you were looking for?