- adjective side by side and having the same distance between them at every point
- noun a line representing a parallel on a map or chart
- A state or condition in which there is an equal distance at all points. For example, two infinitely long straight lines which do not intersect, or two curves or surfaces which are equidistant from each other at all points. Also, pertaining to that maintains this relationship.
- characteristic of, or pertaining to a parallel circuit or parallel connection.
- Acted upon, performed, functioning, or occurring simultaneously. For instance, parallel processors working together.
- The simultaneous processing, storing, transfer, transmission, reception, or the like, of multiple bits, characters, or data units. This contrasts with serial (3), where each is handled one after the other.
- Any of the great lines which circle the earth, and which are parallel (1) to the plane of the equator.
Not what you were looking for?