- The frequency of a given sound.
- A subjective attribute of a sound, which depends primarily on its frequency, and to a lesser extent on factors such as its intensity, location, and duration. Pitch is perceived to run along a scale ranging from low to high. A fixed-frequency sound may be perceived as changing in pitch, as, for instance, a high frequency sound whose intensity is steadily increased will appear to be rising in pitch.
- The distance between similar elements arranged regularly or in a fixed pattern. For example, dot pitch, or the distance between the centers of adjacent turns of a coil.
- In a robot, up and down movement of a wrist, end-effector, or other such moving part.
- The up and down movement of a part, object, or device.
- In computers, the number of printed characters per inch.
Not what you were looking for?