- The positive electrode in an electron tube. Electrons emitted by the cathode travel towards it. Also known as anode (1).
- One of the electrodes in a capacitor. Also called capacitor plate.
- One of the electrodes in an electrochemical cell.
- The formation of a metal deposit on another surface, usually a different metal, via electrolysis. Also called electroplate.
- A thin, or very thin, layer or coat deposited or applied to a metal. Also, to apply such a plate.
- A light-sensitive sheet, usually of glass or metal, upon which a photographic image may be recorded.
Not what you were looking for?