- noun a device that fits into a hole to prevent liquid flowing out of a container
- noun a round block of igneous rock forming the central vent of an old volcanic opening
- verb to fill a hole with something so that fluid cannot escape
- An electric connector with one or more pins or prongs, which is inserted into a jack with matching recessed openings. When said plug is inserted, the circuit is closed. This allows for an easy and rapid connection which is secure. Widely used in communications, computer, and entertainment devices, equipment, and systems. Also called plug connector.
- A plug (1) used in the context of power line terminations. Such a plug is inserted into a power outlet, socket, or receptacle, so as to access electric power. Also called power plug.
Not what you were looking for?