- A upright length of a material, such as wood or metal, which serves for support, attachment, connection, or the like. For example, that utilized to join two or more conductors.
- A terminal, used for making electrical connections, that incorporates a screw which is usually adjusted by hand. Used, for instance, to connect audio speaker cables. Also called binding post, binding screw, or screw terminal.
- A post (1) placed in a waveguide to introduce a reactance, susceptance, or the like. An example is a capacitive post. Also called waveguide post.
- In a communications network, especially the Internet, to submit a message to a newsgroup, online bulletin board, or the like.
- acronym for Power-On Self-Test (written as POST)
Not what you were looking for?