- noun the physical action of squeezing or forcing
- noun strong influence to make someone take or change an action
- Force per unit area. The SI unit is the pascal, which is equal to the pressure resulting from a force of one newton applied uniformly to an area of one square meter. Other units include atmospheres, bars, millimeters of mercury, torr, and pounds per square inch. Its symbol is P.
- A specific value or reading of pressure (1).
- The application of a force over a given surface area.
- symbol P
Not what you were looking for?