- (written as radio-)A prefix denoting concepts pertaining to radiant energy, or its uses. For example, radiometer.
- (written as radio-)A prefix denoting radioactive, or pertaining to radioactivity. For instance, radionuclide.
- The transmission and/or reception of information, such as voice, video, data, or control signals, in which there are no connecting wires. Instead, such communication is achieved by means of electromagnetic waves, such as radio waves or infrared waves, or via acoustic waves. Also, the specific content.
- The broadcasting of signals which are intended for reception by a radio receiver.
- Abbreviation of radio frequency. Same as RF.
Not what you were looking for?