- noun the speed at which something moves or changes compared with another measurable quantity such as time
- verb to evaluate how good something is or how large something is
- A quantity or change in quantity measured with respect to time. For example, a speed of 1000 km/s, or a frequency of 1000 Hz.
- A quantity or change in quantity measured with respect to the same or another quantity. For instance, a bit error rate.
- A quantity measured with respect to a whole, or to a given standard. For instance, a committed information rate.
- To establish or specify a rating, such as a power rating.
- The cost per unit time, or per other quantifiable measure. For example, the cost per hour or per kilometer.
Not what you were looking for?