- To renew the image presented on a display screen, such as that of a computer, by resending the appropriate signals. This is necessary, as the phosphors only glow for a comparatively short time. Also called redraw (1).
- To maintain the condition of memory cells or modules, by sending the appropriate pulses. Most forms of RAM, for instance, require refreshing to avoid loss of data.
- To restore to a previous condition.
- To clear all options, windows, or the like, on a display screen.
- To update the contents of fields, records, or the like.
- synonym redraw
Not what you were looking for?