- noun a reserved memory location within a central processing unit, usually one or two words wide, that is used to hold data and addresses to be processed in a machine code operation
- noun an official record, or a list of items
- verb to show or display information or data
- verb to make something known formally or officially
- A high-speed storage area within the CPU, which is utilized to hold data for specific purposes. Before data may be processed, it must be represented in a register. There are various types, including control registers, index registers, arithmetic registers, and shift registers. Also called data register, or storage register (1).
- A device which records and/or stores a value or number. Also called storage register (2).
- To indicate. For example, for an instrument to register a given value. Also, that which is so indicated.
- To align, or be in proper alignment. Said, for instance of superimposed images.
Not what you were looking for?