- verb to let something go that has been contained
- verb to take the tension off something such as a catch and allow something to move or operate
- A device, such as a mechanical or electromechanical switch, that opens a circuit. Also, the action of such a device.
- The opening of the contacts of a relay or switch. Also, a signal or condition which produces this opening.
- To free from an influencing force. For instance, to release a brake.
- To allow to escape. For example, to release a gas from an enclosure.
- To allow to become available. For instance, to release a communications circuit.
Not what you were looking for?