- noun an instruction that causes program execution to go back to the main program from a subroutine
- verb to come back or to go back to an earlier position or place, or cause something to do so
- To go back, bring back, or send back, to an earlier state, place, setting, or the like. Also, the act of going, bringing, or sending back.
- To reinstate control of a computer program to the point where an instruction, routine, function, or other operation was called. This is done once such an operation is completed. Also, the reinstating of control.
- The action resulting from pressing a return key.
- synonym radar echo
- synonym retrace
Not what you were looking for?