- Acronym for reduced-instruction set computer. A computer whose CPU supports relatively few and simple instructions. The execution of each instruction is generally accomplished within a single clock cycle. This contrasts with a complex instruction set computer whose CPU utilizes numerous and complex instructions.
- Acronym for reduced-instruction set computing. Computing utilizing a RISC (1). Also called RISC computing.
- acronym for reduced-instruction set computer
- acronym for reduced-instruction set computing
- noun a design for a central processing unit whose instruction set contains a small number of simple fast-executing instructions, which makes program writing more complex but increases speed.
Not what you were looking for?