- To move along a surface by revolving around an axis. For instance, for a mouse ball to roll over a mouse pad. Also, to cause to move in this manner.
- To move, or be moved, along a surface using wheels or other devices which roll (1). For example, a robot with wheels traversing a terrain.
- That which is wrapped around itself. For instance, a roll of film. Also, to wrap around itself. Also, that which is usually rolled around itself, even if it is not wound at a given moment.
- Movement in a clockwise or counterclockwise manner. For example, the wrist roll of a robot.
- A slow vertical movement of the entire image presented on a TV display, due to improper vertical synchronization.
Not what you were looking for?