- noun a display device capable of showing a quantity of information, e.g. a computer monitor
- verb to protect something with a screen
- verb to examine people, animals or plants to test for the presence of something
- verb to select somebody or something as suitable for a particular purpose
- verb to examine material for the presence of something
- The viewing area of a display device, such as that of a computer or TV. A screen may be the viewing surface of a CRT display, a liquid crystal display, a plasma display, or the like. Also called display (1), or monitor (1).
- A covering, enclosure, material, or device which provides protection from heat, sparks, light, radioactive particles, noise and so on.
- synonym shielding
Not what you were looking for?