- characteristic of, or pertaining to a shunt circuit or shunt connection. Also, such a circuit or connection.
- A low impedance path which allows a current to flow around one or more circuits or components, as opposed to through it. This path may be intentionally or unintentionally created. Also, to create such a path. Also called bypass (1).
- A conductor, component, or other object which creates a shunt (2).
- A resistor which is connected in parallel, to extend the current range of an instrument. For example, such a shunt utilized to extend the range of an ammeter. In addition, such a resistor helps provide protection against current surges. Also called instrument shunt.
- To turn or otherwise move to an alternate course or path.
- A ferromagnetic bar or other object, especially that composed of soft iron, utilized to divert magnetic flux. Examples include magnetic shunts and magnet keepers.
Not what you were looking for?