- noun the conversion or translation of a signal into a form that is accepted by a device
- noun the processing, changing or modulation of a signal
- The processing of a signal to improve its intelligibility, signal-to-noise ratio, or the like.
- The processing or conversion of a signal, so as to make it compatible with a given channel, device, or system. For example, line conditioning. Also called signal conversion (1).
- synonym signal conversion
- The conversion of a signal from one form, such as analog, to another, such as digital.
Not what you were looking for?