- Anything, such as a light, sound, location, or movement, which serves to convey information.
- A varying quantity, state, or parameter which serves to convey information. For example, a fluctuating amplitude, frequency, or waveform, a series of tones, flashing lights, field strength variations, changes in pulse duration, and so on. Used, for instance, in communications, for sending control signals, to activate processes, to alert to a given condition, and so on.
- A fluctuating electrical quantity, such as a current or voltage, which serves as a signal (2).
- The sounds, images, data, or other information transmitted and/or received in communications, radio, TV, radar, and so on.
- A specific signal (1) or signal (2), such as a busy signal, a carrier signal, or a chrominance signal.
Not what you were looking for?