- A line, plane, surface, orientation, or direction which is inclined. Also, to move in such a manner.
- A deviation from a horizontal line, plane, surface, orientation, or direction. Also, the extent of such a deviation.
- A measure of the change in a variable in the vertical axis divided by a change in the value of a variable measured along the horizontal axis. For example, a horizontal line has a slope of zero.
- A measure of the change in a variable relative to a change in the value of another variable.
- In a transmission line, the rate of change of attenuation relative to frequency. Expressed, for instance, in dB per Hz.
- Within a straight or nearly straight portion of a characteristic curve, the deviation from such a graphed line.
Not what you were looking for?