- noun the act or means of solving a problem or difficulty
- noun the answer to or a way of removing a problem or difficulty
- noun a change of a solid or gas into a liquid by dissolving in water or some other liquid
- A homogeneous material, usually in the liquid phase, in which one substance, the solute, becomes completely dispersed in another, the solvent. For example, an electrolytic solution may consist of salt, the solute, dissolved in water, the solvent.
- The state of a solute being dissolved in a solvent to form a solution (1).
- The answer or approach to a given problem.
- The processes utilized to arrive at a solution (3).
Not what you were looking for?