- noun a substance or object which produces something
- noun the place where a river starts to flow
- noun an original or initial point
- The point or region where something comes into existence, or from which something arrives or is obtained.
- A point, region, or object where current, power, energy, matter, a signal, or flux is emitted or originates. A sink (1) is where it is absorbed or terminates.
- In a field effect transistor, the region from which majority carriers flow into the channel, en route to the drain. Also, the electrode attached to this region. Also known as source region, or source electrode.
- A device, component, apparatus, system, or medium which originates or sends a data signal, or from which data is taken. Also called data source.
- symbol S
Not what you were looking for?