- noun a detailed description of the composition of something, of what is needed, or of what is involved in doing something
- A detailed statement which describes and defines aspects such as the function, characteristics, design, manner of implementation, and intended capabilities of a component, circuit, device, piece of equipment, system, process, or the like.
- The act or process of preparing a specification (1).
- A specification (1) pertaining to hardware, software, or networks. For example, that of a DVD format, or for the transfer of data within a network.
- A set of requirements. For instance, the power requirements, operational temperatures, intended capabilities, and compatible connectors for a given device.
Not what you were looking for?