- The rate at which motion occurs. Also, the magnitude of a velocity. Speed is a scalar quantity, while velocity is a vector quantity. Speed is usually measured as the distance traveled per unit time. angular speed is the change in direction per unit time.
- The rate at which something occurs. For example, a communications speed.
- One of multiple available rates of operation. For example, extended play.
- A specific rate of operation. For example, a CPU speed.
- A relative rate of operation. For example, double speed.
- A rating which expresses the sensitivity of a given photographic medium, such as film or paper, to light.
- A measure of the ability of a lens to accumulate light at a given aperture.
Not what you were looking for?