• That which serves to wind or roll something around a spool (1).
  • A program which manages printing tasks. Such a program can add, remove, change the order of, or cancel print jobs, in addition to placing documents in a memory or storage location to await printing at the printer's pace. Also called print spooler.

Not what you were looking for?