- A platform or surface, such as that utilizing gyros, which is intended to maintain a specified orientation in space. Used, for instance, for mounting instruments utilized to study astronomical phenomena. Also called stabilized platform, or stability platform.
- A platform which is especially steady, solid and/or rugged. Used, for instance, to mount a robotic arm.
- A software or hardware platform which is not prone to malfunction or failure under difficult or unusual conditions.
- synonym stability platform
- synonym stabilized platform
Not what you were looking for?