- adjective not changing
- adjective referring to a chemical compound that does not react readily with other chemicals
- Tending to remain in a given position, state, setting, mode, or the like. Also, tending to avoid unwanted variations. For instance, free of unwanted oscillation.
- Tending to return to a former or desired position, state, setting, mode, or the like, after a displacement or other change occurs. An example is a speaker with proper damping.
- Tending to maintain a given value, quantity, intensity, characteristic, or the like. Said, for instance, of the output of a control system.
- Not tending to easily respond to a change, action, stimulus, or variation. Said, for instance, of a voltage regulator which maintains the same output despite changes in load resistance.
- A chemical substance not tending to easily form part of a chemical reaction.
- A particle which does not undergo radioactive decay.
Not what you were looking for?