- noun an area of temporary storage for data, registers or tasks where items are added and retrieved from the same end of the list
- noun a very tall industrial chimney, usually containing several flues
- noun a steep-sided pillar of rock which stands in the sea near a cliff
- noun a large neat pile of things
- verb to place things in a neat pile one on top of the other
- An orderly pile in which elements are arranged in layers, related groups, or the like. For example, a fuel cell stack, a rectifier stack, a head stack, or a protocol stack. The elements of such a stack may or may not be identical. Also, to arrange in such a stack.
- A set of registers, memory locations, or other storage areas or units which are ordered in a manner that provides for the handling of data, interrupts, or the like, in a specified order, such as FIFO or LIFO. To push is to add an item to the top of a stack, and to pop is to remove the first item from the top of a stack.
Not what you were looking for?