- (written as surface mount)A technology for mounting components and devices in which the connections are soldered to a surface, as opposed to having leads which pass through said surface. Since the substrates upon which such components and devices are mounted do not need holes, the component density can be much higher, with the added benefit of lending itself more readily to production via automated processes. Also called surface-mount technology.
- (written as surface mount)To install or affix a component or device utilizing surface-mount technology. Also, a specific instance of such a surface mount.
- (written as surface mount)Pertaining to that which has a surface mount (1).
- (written as surface mount)To set, install, of fix something upon a surface. For example, a switch mounted on a wall.
- transistor A transistor which is surface mounted.
Not what you were looking for?