- noun a liquid with solid particles in it, not settling to the bottom nor floating on the surface
- Any device or system which serves to cushion objects from vibrations, jolts, shocks, or other movements. A suspension also provides structural support to that which is cushions.
- A mixture in which macroscopically visible solid particles are present in a liquid or gas, but do not float nor settle on the bottom of the vessel. Also, the solid particles so suspended.
- A device or structure which serves to attach a speaker to the basket.
- A fine wire that supports the moving element of a meter, such as that in a moving-coil galvanometer.
Not what you were looking for?