- A connection made to a component, circuit, bus, or the like, at a point other than an end. Also, to make such a connection. 2. A tap (1) utilized to connect a node to a network.
- A device that cuts internal threads, such as those of a screw. Also, to make such cuts.
- A concealed device which serves to surreptitiously intercept a communication, especially a telephonic conversation. Also called wiretap (1).
- To install a tap (4), or make such a connection. Also called wiretap (2).
- To monitor and/or record a communication using a tap (4). Also called wiretap (3).
- (written as TAP)Same as TAP protocol. Abbreviation of Telelocator alphanumeric protocol.
Not what you were looking for?