- A narrow and flexible strip of a material such as plastic, paper, metal, or cloth. For example, electrical tape, magnetic tape, or fish tape.
- A stripe or band of a material utilized for tape recording. Such a tape usually consists of a strip of plastic, paper, or metal which is coated or impregnated with a magnetizable material such as iron oxide particles. Such a tape may be utilized to make analog or digital recordings of data, audio, and/or video. Also called magnetic tape, or recording tape (1).
- A length, reel, cassette, cartridge, or the like, of tape (2).
- A tape (2) or tape (3) which has been recorded upon.
- The process or act of recording upon a tape (2).
Not what you were looking for?