- noun a plastic or metal object used as a pattern for drawing or cutting shapes
- noun a file containing a standard text such as a standard letter or invoice into which specific details can be added
- A pattern or design usually cut out of a metal or plastic plate or sheet, which is used as a guide for shaping, drawing, carving, or the like. Such patterns or designs may also be available or otherwise prepared via computer applications. Used, for instance, to help in preparing circuit diagrams or flowcharts.
- An overlay usually made of plastic or cardboard which is placed over a computer keyboard, or a part of one, which labels or describes the functions of keys within a given application.
- A predefined layout which serves as the basis for a document, such as a monthly report prepared utilizing a word processing application, or that composing a Web page. A style sheet specifies parameters such as page size, margins, headers, footers, fonts, hyperlinks, and so on. Also called style sheet.
Not what you were looking for?