- noun a dimension that relates the occurrence of events, expressed in intervals such as hours, minutes and seconds
- A dimension that enables two otherwise identical events occurring at the same point in space to be distinguished. Time orders the sequence of these events.
- A measure of the duration of one or more actions, processes, events, or the like.
- A measure of the time (1) that elapses between actions, processes, events, or the like.
- The instant at which a given action, process, event, or the like, occurs.
- A specific instant within a day, based on a given parameter or phenomena. For example, standard time is based on a celestial parameter, and atomic time is based on the natural resonance frequencies of atoms.
Not what you were looking for?