- noun an object that is designed to help in carrying out particular task
- noun in a graphical user interface, a function accessed from an icon in a toolbar
- A device, machine, system, or object which helps facilitate or complete manual or mechanical work.
- A program or utility that assists in the development, analysis, testing, and maintenance of software. Such tools include compilers, decompilers, debuggers, editors, and the like. Also called software tool.
- One of the functions, features, or the like, available for use via a toolbar.
Not what you were looking for?