- noun a line or pattern made on a screen or piece of paper by a device recording an electrical signal
- To follow the course of something. For example, to record all computer system activities which lead to a crash, or to trace a telephone call. Also, the record, listing, or other documentary evidence so obtained.
- In a CRT, the path followed by the electron beam as it moves across the screen. Also called line (5).
- The movement or path followed by a scan or sweep. Also, to follow such a movement.
- The line drawn by a recording instrument such as a spectrograph, oscillograph, or cardiograph. Also, to draw such a line.
- A comparatively minute quantity of something, such as an element.
- An amount which is too small to be measured, but which is know to be present.
Not what you were looking for?