- noun the condition of being transparent
- noun a computer program which is not obvious to the user or which cannot be seen by the user when it is running
- noun a positive image on a film or slide that can be viewed when light is passed through it
- The property of allowing radiation to pass. In astronomy the transparency of the Earth’s atmosphere is important because it determines the ability of astronomers to observe from Earth rather than from space. The Earth’s atmosphere transmits mainly visible light, some infrared light, and some radio, microwave and millimetre wavelength radiation.
- The quality or state of being transparent. Also spelled transparence.
- The extent to which something is transparent.
- An object, such as a photographic slide, which is viewed by allowing light to shine through it.
- synonym transparence
Not what you were looking for?