- noun the long muscular tube at the front of the head of an elephant, used for grasping things and taking up water
- A physical link, such as a wire, cable, or bus, over which information or power in transferred between two points.
- A communications path between two central offices or switching systems. Also called trunk circuit (1).
- A communications path between a central office and a PBX or the premises of a customer. Also called trunk circuit (2).
- A path via which data travels within a computer.
- A path utilized to interconnect two power generating stations or power distribution networks. Also called trunk main, or trunk feeder.
Not what you were looking for?