- noun a category with members sharing some properties
- noun a definition of the processes or sorts of data which a variable in a computer can contain, e.g. numbers or text only
- Things which have one or more characteristics in common which enable them as a group to be distinguished from other classes. Also, the traits that differentiate such a type.
- A specific thing which is of a specified type (1).
- A manner of classifying data. The specification of a data type dictates the way a program handles the data. For instance, most applications can not calculate text. Other examples of data types include integers, real numbers, Boolean, and floating point. Also called data type.
- To use a typewriter to write or store characters.
- To use a computer keyboard for data entry.
Not what you were looking for?