- noun a thin metal filament, often one carrying electric current
- verb to install wiring in a place
- verb to control a function in the body by means of a neurological or physiological structure or process
- A single metallic strand, thread, or rod which is flexible and usually has a circular cross section.
- A wire (1) which serves as an electric conductor. Such a wire may or may not have insulation. Also called electric wire.
- One or more wires (1) bundled together and encased by a protective sheath. The contained conductors are insulated from each other. Also called cable (1).
- To lay cables or connect components, devices, and equipment utilizing wires.
- An open telephone connection.
- To send a message via telegraph. Also, to send a message over a network using wires or cables.
- A message sent via wire (6).
- To connect electrical components and devices directly with wires or cables, as opposed to utilizing intervening switches or radio links. Also called hard-wire (1).
Not what you were looking for?